Insights and ideas from the field on the how to host a global online conference run by volunteers. How to build it so they will come. A closer look at what needs to happen at the back end to make sure that your online event is a success. What really works and what you need to avoid at all costs. I was one of the organizers for the 2019 Futures Online Festival and its theme of ‘radical transformation’.
As part of this core team of organizers, I collaborated to plan and deliver the global online conference of the Association of Professional Futurists-Radical Transformations. The festival attracted 614 registrations from at least 45 countries-more than doubling registrations from last year. The conference featured 29 sessions and included projects from 30 + practitioners representing 16+ countries.
Key Take Aways
- How to set it up on a zero budget.
- It is all in the name.. Conference theme and focus
- The importance of volunteer management and egagement
- Branding and social media
- Buidling on the success and paying it forward. Feedback and comments. Refine and iterate