Here is a big idea: Empathy is the most important aspect of Marketing
Here is a bigger idea: Marketing is now the primary function of Business.
Over the last few decades, especially the last one, we have become focused on elements of business and, specifically, marketing, that assumes we are logical beings who operate more like the computers and phones we use every day and less like our human selves. We have looked to quantify all of our actions, measuring them down to microscopic moments in an attempt to better optimize business efforts and effectively increase sales. But what if I told you that by doing this we are neglecting what has made business and marketing successful for hundreds if not thousands of years. I would likely be laughed out of the room – because profits have never been more significant, and consumerism has never been more abundant. But has this been a result of the implementation of more refined, more measurable tactics, or are we making a gross miscalculation in our assumption that A leads to B?
Key Take Aways
- How to develop strategic point-of-view for digital marketing
- How to combine behavioural science with marketing
- How to measure the first mile, as well as the last mile of marketing
- How to apply a social physiology lens to marketing
- How to develop a more robust marketing plan