Heading into the new decade, many women are considering getting into podcasting, or even making a career out of it. But is podcasting still a boys club? This session will dissect how women experience the podcasting world today, how the world is experiencing women’s voices, and how women’s allies can help to make podcasting more accessible. This session is for everyone! Presented by Lori Beckstead, Associate Professor and Director at the Allan Slaight Radio Institute at Ryerson University, and Kattie Laur, Podcast Producer. Both run the Toronto Women’s Podcasting Network.
Key Take Aways
- What are the barriers women in podcasting are facing, and how they can overcome them.
- What are women listening to in 2020?
- Whether male voices are still dominating in the podcasting market.
- Resources and networks that women can use to build their podcasting prowess.
- How we can build the women's podcasting community in 2020.