This workshop is for beginners who have recorded some audio and now want to turn it into an episode. Learn some basic audio editing practices to slice, trim, fade level and export your work into wherever you want to host your podcast. REAPER is a great, low-cost tool used by amateurs and professionals alike to edit audio for all sorts of projects.
If you’ve edited before, but want to learn to use REAPER, this is also a good introduction. The skills are transferable to most other editors.
Participants should bring their laptop with REAPER installed and whatever audio they want to work with during the session. I’d recommend intro music and the main episode content as a minimum. I’ll be walking through editing an episode of one of my shows in real time.
Key Take Aways
- Learn how to assemble audio to create a podcast
- Learn how to slice audio to keep only the parts you want
- Learn the difference between destructive and non-destructive editing
- Learn how to balance audio from different sources using multiple tracks
- Learn why you might not want to do this yourself but should still know how