The Intersection of Tech and Non Profits
A common phrase you’ll here when discussing a personal or business problem with someone else is that “there’s an App For That”. However as we dive into the empowering world of non profits, that phrase is used less and less. Non profits are the organizations helping improve the lives of people, animals, the environment – the world really. These non profits encourage women to become business people, improve education in rural third world countries and more. These non profits also often lack technological support or exposure to tools that could vastly improve their work. In this talk we’ll be exploring the intersection between technology and non profits.
Key Take Aways
- Blockers that non profits face when dealing with technology
- Why cookie cutter tech won't always work for a non profit
- Why we can't simply replace non profits with an "app"
- How non profit products may differ in different parts of the world
- How to think about building products for folks in the non profit space